Sunday, December 20, 2009

Things you will forget about once you have a baby

Admittedly, I have been neglecting this blog. So perhaps I need to focus on posting shorter things and not obsessing that they are perfect gems of eloquently written wisdom...

So here is a draft post that I started ages ago (in late December).

Enjoy....

Okay, a quick look in the bathroom mirror this morning by the harsh light of sun reflecting off of snow revealed a more pressing topic than the continuation of baby food (and I promise some recipes for good home made chow soon [Ed. note: these can in fact be found here and here])--an impressively bold lady-stache verging on the edge of handlebar status (well, not really, but it sure seems like it).

Where the hell did it come from? It has seemed to materialize overnight! Oh, that's right, I have a baby less than a year old, I'm finishing up teaching for the end of the semester, trying to finish a dissertation chapter, and attempting to actually get out and socialize a bit with these lovely holiday parties that keep cropping up like mold on a bucket of veggies destined for the compost that haven't made it there in over a week...(well, perhaps the holiday parties are much nicer than mold, but I'm staring here across the kitchen at a bucketful of moldy compost scraps...so it was the first thing that popped into mind).

My dear husband probably knows better than to have told me about this (btw honey--this is one about which I would have like to be alerted). But then again, he's in his own world of fog...

Anyway, while the baby's napping, no time like the present to attend to this. I recommend these.

No comments:

Post a Comment